Wednesday 25 September 2013

Cadair Idris - back in the mountains!

Long time no post I know - we've not done a lot of walking over the Summer which has been a real bug bear - for one thing I had iron deficiency anaemia and it was affecting me quite badly, then Gary had a bit of a heart scare and had to rest, then I needed an operation which I needed to rest up after, so it's stopped us getting out and about as much as we would like.  But we're both over our ailments now and determined to get back to full fitness again and to keep the blog up to date with our wanderings, starting with the beautiful Cadair Idris in Southern Snowdonia, one of my favourite places to be. Hope you enjoy the photos and please leave us a comment, we'd love to know if you've been there yourself and your memories of this beautiful part of the world!

This is the beautiful Cwm Cau with Craig Cwm Amarch in the background.  A glaciated bowl cut into the mountain you are surrounded on all sides by this wonderful ridge which will lead us to Penygadair the summit of Cadair Idris, out of view on the right hand side of this photo.


The outlet of Llyn Cau


Yours truly very happy to be in one of her favourite places


As we start our walk up the ridge the sun lights up the Cwm


Looking down from the ridge above onto Llyn Cau

The view from the summit Penygadair down into the estuary and Barmouth

Holly's pleased to be back in the mountains too!


Looking down on to Llyn y Gadair and Cyfrwy, the Saddle

My favourite view of Cwm Cau and Llyn Cau, seen from the walk down from Mynydd Moel, absolutely stunning!

A passing Hawk jet


We hope you enjoyed seeing some of our photos from the day and that it gives you the incentive to get out there yourself if you don't already!  It's good for the heart and soul, a great escape from the trials and tribulations of life, I sure have missed it!

4 comments:

  1. HI Sharon what wonderful scenery. Oh to be young again. I am sorry your both had health issue over he summer but now if you are able to tackle these walks you must be better. that Jet looked at the same level as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was at the same level - it was coming through the valley as we were on our way down the mountain. We often see them and sometimes are even above them which is brill!

      Delete
  2. Last time I was on Cader I couldn't see my hand in front of my face! Glad you're managing to get back out there and reporting in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I took Gary there we had those conditions and I kept telling him how beautiful it was beyond the clag! Luckily we've had a few days like this one since! Thanks for popping in, good to hear from you

      Delete